Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wuss

Early on while watching this film, I'm pretty uncomfortable.  Real people just let others act this way toward them.  If it's going to be so fake, how about a hobo with a shotgun to enact justice?

But, as the movie unfolds, it grows on me.  The film is about a bullied teacher, too passive to react, until he joins forces with his best student to seek revenge.  I felt the story finished strong; it was a good film and I'm happy I saw it.

Wuss
2011, 96 minutes, directed by Clay Liford

I was happy to see most of the cast stay in town this late into the week.  Both Nate and Alicia attend.  A few notes from the Q&A:
Director Clay Liford explained that Alicia was working at a taco stand in Denton when she was talked into trying out.
All the rap music in the film is by Ryan Anderson, who also plays Re-up.
It was a 15-day shoot, with 7 days at the school.
115-page script, so lots of shots didn't make the final cut.

No comments: