Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Pee-Wee Herman Show on Broadway

While I was a little old for Elmo, I'm just the right age to have appreciated the Pee-Wee Herman Show on television.  It's for this reason that I ran out of the Elmo screening before the Q&A, to get a good seat in the small but functional State Theatre for this world premiere of the HBO special The Pee-Wee Herman Show on Broadway.

This is everything I remember - all the puppets, characters, plots, story line and feel - and it just all works so well.  I'm happy he's back.  I'm not sure if today's children will "get it" if forced to watch the special by their parents, but if he does bring back the live show (he's thinking about Las Vegas) it's worth the trip for the whole family.

The Pee-Wee Herman Show on Broadway
2011, 90 minutes, directed by Marty Callner

All photos copyright 2011 by Digs of Moviedigs.



Performing the Pee-Wee Herman Dance

No comments: