Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Marconi Bros.

I dragged this morning, missing my first film. My second screening was the animated shorts lineup, so my first feature-length production today was The Marconi Bros. I get very frustrated by the stereotype "screw-up" who keeps cruising through life unchanged. Unfortunately that was the focus of this film - there's little character development from beginning to end. On the positive side, the pacing was delightfully quick and the actors were fantastic in their roles. I really felt Anthony's frustration with his brother. (Heh, the actor who played him, Brendan Sexton III, is sitting a few seats over in the lounge here.)

The Marconi Bros.
2008, 82 minutes, directed by Michael Canzoniero & Marco Ricci

(Today's showing was the second screening for this film.)

No comments: