Friday, March 14, 2008

Flawless

(Note that I saw this Wednesday night, after Bananaz, Wellness, and Goliath. This review, like all the others, is based on notes taken during the screening. Pay no attention to the date when I finally get around to posting it.)

Finally, after a day of disappointment, here's a film that deserves praise. The story about a 1960s robbery of a De Beers knockoff is a bit predictable, but I really liked the cinematography, filmed in a style that makes it look like a period movie. The movie is set as a flashback from present-day, and halfway through the film I was wishing they hadn't told me how it ends, wanting to be surprised by the finish. I'm pleased to say that I was. This is definitely worth a screening to the sophisticated film crowd.

Flawless
2007, 108 minutes, directed by Michael Radford

No comments: