Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe

I like Burn Notice as a show it just works for me.  Sure it's all contrived and improbable, and bullets miss too much, but I enjoy the "how to be a spy" narration.  And I like Bruce Campbell.  So, when a made-for-TV movie pops up outside the normal season, and (at first glance) it looks like they're going to kill off his character, I have to take notice.

It turns out that was a false fear, as a few seconds with any preview bumper would show.  This is the story of how Sam Axe left the service, a short while before the TV show started.  And again, it's all contrived and improbable, but then again, Bruce Campbell thrives like that.  I enjoyed the adventure and look forward to more next season.

Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
2011, 120 minutes, directed by Jeffrey Donovan

Oh, hey, look at that.  Jeffrey Donovan directed this.

No comments: