Sunday, September 27, 2015

Southbound

I try to know very little about a festival film before I see it.  I read the descriptions to pick the films I plan to see, but I read 50 descriptions in a row and they all get jumbled together.  So when I sit down, I really have no idea.  Usually it's great, but this time I keep wondering why they are changing lead characters so often.  By the third time, though, I realized this was an anthology film.  :). And as such it was great.  The seamless transitions between segments ("zippers") as the directors called them didn't just keep the action driving, they became part of the story, the same as the desert, a small southwestern town, and the long highway south.

Southbound
2015, 87 minutes, directed by Radio Silence, Roxanne Benjamin, Patrick Horvath, David Bruckner

cult, occult, demon, gore

No comments: