Sunday, September 27, 2015

Follow

I'm a huge Owen Egerton fan from way back at the original Alamo downtown.  And so of course I go in with hesitation when someone I live in one field (MC making fun of things on screen) tries something new (puts thing on screen).  In Follow, Quinn is a 20-something artist waiting for his big break, deeply in love with his girlfriend Thana.  A few days before Christmas, something life-changing happens, and Quinn must figure out how to handle it.

Overall, the film is okay, good even, but Quinn just make a long series of bad decisions.  My tag "stupidpeople" exists for this type of character, the ones that deserve their fate through their utterly stupid choices.  By the end, Quinn and the film redeem themselves somewhat, but I really struggled through the second act between when I wrote him off as an idiot and when I realized his true fate.

Follow
2015, 74 minutes, directed by Owen Egerton

stupidpeople, gore

No comments: