Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shut Up and Play the Hits

When James Murphy was 38, he made an album.  When he was 41, his band LCD Soundsystem announced their final show, performed it, and quit music.  Why?  A documentary filmmaker followed him for the week before the show, the final performance, and the next day.  Note that the film features many songs from the concert in their entirety, so fans of LCD Soundsystem are the preferred audience.

I will note that, for whatever reason, I had a really hard time understanding the dialog in this film.  I with someone from the film had been there for Q&A so I could casually ask how they did sound work, just to make sure I never do it that way myself.

Shut Up and Play the Hits
2012, 110 minutes, directed by Will Lovelace and Dylan Southern

No comments: