Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Butterfly Effect

My review of this is mostly spoilers.  Sorry.

I prefer films with happy endings.  Shallow, I know, but I don't watch a movie so I can make some haughty film critic pronunciation on its worthiness in the cinematic arts.  I want to lose myself in another world for a little while, to have an opportunity to see what it's like to be someone else.  Such sessions end better if they end well.

So why am I not satisfied with this one?  Ostensibly it ends as well as it could.  Everyone's happy.  Sort of.  Maybe the guy who gets the girl in the last scene shouldn't be an extra?

I watched the director's cut.  I would have enjoyed another hour of film if they could have kept the roller coaster going long enough for him to find a better solution.

The Butterfly Effect
2004, 120 minutes (director's cut), directed by Eric Bress and J. Mackye Gruber

No comments: