Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Legend Is Alive

Day four. I skipped my first film of the morning to get a good night's sleep, clearing the headache that plagued me yesterday. I'll likely skip tonight's midnight feature as well, so I'll be truly rested and ready to go for more midnight madness during the week.

In this Vietnamese film, a young man struggles with his physical and mental difficulties, the loss of his mother, and his vow to live a peaceful life, all while faced with the harsh realities of human trafficking. It's a good story told well, but don't expect roaring action, as the protagonist strives to use his training only for self defense or to help those in danger. When action does arrive, it feels like it comes from the heart.

The Legend Is Alive
2009, 90 minutes, directed by Luu Huynh

No comments: