Friday, June 13, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

As a child this was my least-favorite in the series. It just never seemed to fit. The graphics certainly haven't lived up well. Certainly worse than the move that preceded.

The whole story just seems contrived. I'd readily accept it if it was one of several movies filmed about the adventures of Dr. Jones, but as one of three (now four), it just doesn't seem significant enough. Far too much deux ex machina.

Maybe I've figured it out. This is a C-grade adventure film. I'd appreciate it on those merits, except it's bookended by two of the top films of the genre.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
1984, 118 minutes, directed by Steven Spielberg

1 comment:

Juneadelle said...

I actually have never seen it. My best friend Mikey had a birthday party where we were all going to go see it, but one of the moms got wise and said something about how maybe it wasn't going to be good for 6 year olds, and we didn't get to go.

xoxo