Saturday, September 21, 2013

Man of Tai Chi

Sometimes it's genuinely difficult to separate the film from the film-watching experience.  See my disappointment with Kick-Ass.  With that in mind, consider my review of Man of Tai Chi biased in favor of awesome.  Keanu Reeves is seated just in front of me, to the right, with Alex Winter to his left and Tiger Hu Chen to his right.  I see Marco Zaror in the front row.  How awesome is that?

The film.  It's a respectable, presentable martial arts action film, but it's not about the fighting.  It's about the path a young man takes as he decides who he wants to be, how he wants to live, and what he believes.  Oh, and yeah, there's a lot of awesome fighting.  I just wish there was more meditation - the buildup for that never releases.

Don't let my opinion bias you.  See it yourself November 11.

Man of Tai Chi
2013, 105 minutes, directed by Keanu Reeves

No comments: