Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cold Blooded

Cold Blooded is a police crime drama centered around a strong female lead ("Lauren" in Lost Girl apparently, if you watch it), with a single bit of gore right in the middle to ratchet up the tension.  But that's not important.  What's important is that this is one of the best films I've seen in a good while, and all of you that would ever watch a police crime drama should find a way to see this.  The cinematography was great, the acting solid, the special effects amazing for a $2M film.  And in the Q&A, when the producer said that the actual budget was $275k and it was shot in just two weeks, the audience (myself included) was astounded.  It's after 2 AM and I just sat through the screening, but if I had a DVD of this I'd put it on again.  This film deserves nationwide release and it needs an audience of devoted fans to get one.

Cold Blooded
2012, 86 minutes, directed by Jason Lapeyre

No comments: